Saturday, December 13, 2014

It's a boy

If someone got pregnant around the time I last contributed to this blog, that person might have a child by now. So much can happen during the time it takes to have a child, it's crazy. Three quarters of a person's year. 

Anyway, I decided to return here to see just how much my writing has suffered since I got pregnant. After a year in the US, where the only writing I did was on this blog, and one semester into a mechanical engineering degree, in which the writing is mostly condensed to notes and mathematical formulas, I fear my ultimate grasp of the English language has slackened to the point of hanging precariously from my pinkie finger. I'm the kind of prick that loves to correct people on their spelling and grammar. A real grammar nazi. But how can I be taken seriously when I'm making the same mistakes myself? 

So I just finished my first semester at university. Most of my friends have gone home now but I'm stuck in Liverpool until Monday (three more days). Pretty lonely. What do lonely people do? Blog. That's what they do. 

Actually, this will have to wait. My pasta just finished cooking and I want to watch a movie. Lol.

2 comments:

  1. We have missed you so. Welcome home, son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a feeling you're gonna get knocked up again before the next post.

    ReplyDelete